Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Fast Food Phenomena

Why does it take so freaking long to get your food at a fast food place?

Is it really that difficult?

Be honest here. Is it?

You take the four things that are on my list, punch them into the little computer in front of you the has EVERYTHING mapped and written out for you, that the only people in the world that does not understand this simple display of buttons are babies and illiterates. After you punch them in accurately, take my money and give me my change, if any. Then, I'll do the rest. My life is seemingly more difficult than yours! And you make it worse by existing. UGH!

I'll do a replay of an everyday event someone goes through at the drive-thru:
(Pull up to speaker/way-too-big menu)

Wait 2 minutes and 17 seconds.
Static on the speaker, finally. "Hello? Welcome to McDonalds, would you like to try our new nasty chicken nugget milkshake surprise?"
"No thank you. One second please." (1 minute and 23 seconds later) "Okay, I'm ready. I'll have the number 5 with no onions and a root beer."
(46 second pause)
"Hello? Welcome to McDonalds, would you like to try our new nasty chicken nugget milkshake surprise?"
"What? No! I said I want a number 5."
"Oh, okay, so a number 6?"
"NO! Number 5. No onions. Root beer."
"Okay"
(14 second delay)
"Um, hello? I'm not done ordering."
"Okay, what you want?"
"A cheeseburger kids meal with a toy for a boy."
"Okay, two kids meals without pickles. Got it."
"NO!!! Number 5. No onions. Root beer. Cheeseburger kids meal. Boy's toy."
(Finally the idiot gets the order right so you pull ahead to window #1)
WINDOW #1 CLOSED. Fantastic. You're pointless anyway.
(At Window #2)
From weak-English lady, "Hi yo' total it isss 8 dollar and 23."
"Thank you??"
(Pull ahead to window #3)
"Here ya go, want any ketchup?"
"Yes, just a few."
"Here's a thousand!"
You look back at your kid and even he's shaking his head like wtf...
(If you make the mistake of not checking the bag of its contents)

Arriving home, you look in the bag seeing that they only gave you one straw and shorted you your kid's happy meal french fry and gave him a pretty pink Hello Kitty key chain.

Don't even drive back, it's not worth it. It's not worth it. Breathe. Breathe. It's not worth it. I'm above this. I'm better than this. Breathe. Just... Breathe.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a degree, stupids!

No comments:

Post a Comment